Sunday 25 December 2011

2012 Tomato Seed Listing...

My lovely friend suggested that we go to an open day 2 hours from home, to get tomato seedlings in March and I've said that I probably won't need any - so I thought I'd list my tomato seed stash to see whether I do indeed need a trip out...

There's those from the 2011 A4A Seed Circle [22]:
Alpatieva 905A
Beijing Yellow
Delhi
Demidov
Dwarf Mr Snow  
Early Tanana
Eli
Green Bell Pepper
He-man rootstock,
Koralik 
Korol Rannikh  
Latah
Michael Pollan
Monkeys Ass
Plumpton King
Prairie Fire 
Yellow Out Red In
Red Pear
Slovienian Black
Tasmanian Chocolate Dwarf
T.C. Jones 
Vova Yellow 

Recent aquisitions [3]:
Imur Prior Beta
Christel's Plum
Sweet Pea Currant

Bush tomatoes from Jeannine in Canada [12]
Homesweet
Kootenai
Pendula Orange
Moskovitch
Oregon Spring
Rutgers
Early Girl Bush
Chico III
Celebrity Bush
Beaver Lode Slicer
Alaska
Sasha's Pride

Bush tomatoes given to me last year by a chum [4]
Scotia
Maja
Rambling Gold
Silver Fir Tree 

Others for my bush tomato project [10]
Texan Wild Tomato
Maskotka
Togi Bush [original]
Togi Bush [self saved, so the next generation]
Koralik [different year from the ones above]
Red Cluster Pear - centiflor type
Dwarf Wax
Lime green salad
Latah [again from different stock from above]
Aurora [earliest I've ever had toms, red on 2nd June]

And Vines [68]
Auntie Madge 
Minabel
Atkins Stuffing
Black Plum
Bloody Butcher
Marmande
Jan's Cherry
Galina
Fablonelistnuj [?]
Roma 
Costoluto Florentino
Speckled Russian Plum [not named, just they looked like this on the packet]
Silach
Blue OSU
Mortgage Lifter
Nepal
Snow White
Golden Sunrise
Principe Borghese
Piccolo
Black Truffle 
Polish Linguison
Red Zebra
Mexican Honey
German Lunchbox [no sniggering please]
Goldkrone
Kenilworth King George
GReen Velvet
Giant Plum
Bruds Blackheart
Depp's Pink Firefly
Purple Cherokee
Cuore Di Bue
Millefleur
De Colgar
Falcon
Purple Ukraine
Amish Paste
Gardener's Delight
Southern Nights
Yellow Perfection [get in, these are fabulous]
Purple Russian [honestly, these are amazing]
Togi Vine
White Oxheart
Grushovka
Chiapis Wild
Spanish Big Globe
Smadar
Togi [the previous generation to the above self saved ones]
Riesentraube
Burpees Delicious
Red Pear [From Brooklyn]
Yellow Pear [from Brooklyn]
Abraham Lincoln
Darby Striped Pink/Yellow
Dawson's Russian Oxheart
Stonor's No 2
Arkansas Traveller
Sreonjevlika
Peacevine Cherry
Sugar Plum
Stonor's Most Prolific
Tigerella
Plum from Coullioure [bought in a market]
Piglet Willie's French Black
Olirose
Sungold
Nior
I've got some others that I will definitely not grow, that I will give away in swaps, and I'll be adding the Costoluto Florentinos to those; plus a couple of others that I won't be growing next year.

Plus I have got a couple others saved from this year drying out which I haven't added on here - yet.

I get 109 different varieties from that list ready to sow. Only 1 [Smadar] has one seed; the others have plenty for me to be getting on with.

The sowing starts tomorrow for my bush tomato project; I got great results with bush toms and want to try more this year. Bring it on.

5 comments:

For The Record - VVG's Sowing and Growing in 2012 said...

OMG Friend - and you reckon I am a seed addict. What is the taste of Purple Russian as you rate those? Am looking at them, Pink Cherry, Nellie's Plum, Dr Carolyn and Aunty Madge.

Zazen999 said...

Purple Russian is a lovely tomato - one of my must grows....

jamlady said...

erm.......think you may just have about enough to be getting on with ...however I see you don't have any Monkey Ass

Zazen999 said...

I do have some of those in our Vine Virtual Seed Parcel, if I wanted any. I'm happy so far with what I've got though.

shallotman said...

Hi, any chance of a few "Kenilworth King George Tomato seed.